He was born in Mar del Plata on November 18, 1908. He was a painter, architect and draftsman. In 1928 he joined the University of Buenos Aires to pursue a career in Architecture. At the same time, he did so in the sketch workshop of the Mutuality of Fine Arts and then at the National Academy of Fine Arts.
He studied at the Escuela Superior de Bellas Artes, then attended the workshops of Lino Enea Spilimbergo, whom he will always consider his teacher, and Ramón Gómez Cornet.
In 1933 he joined the group that founded the first syndicate of plastic artists of Argentina. That same year he exhibited at the National Salon of Fine Arts. Together with Antonio Berni, Spilimbergo and Siqueiros, he made the murals in the Quinta de Natalio Botana, in Don Torcuato. In 1938 he was one of the assistants of muralist David Alfaro Siqueiros and later joined the group of muralists formed by Spilimbergo, Berni, Colmeiro and Urruchua, who painted the dome of the Pacific Gallery, the first mural made in a public place in Argentina.
In 1939 he traveled to Paris, where he attended André Lothe's workshop, and toured Europe perfecting his art with Braque, Léger and Picasso, among others. In 1941 he returned to Argentina to receive the title of Architect.
In 1953 he traveled to the East and left numerous works from those countries. Winner of the medal of honor of the International Fair of Brussels in 1958, he obtained special mention at the 1960 Biennale of Mexico and Honor Award, Saigon International Salon. In 1960 he toured Central America and began working with acrylics.
From 1964 to 1966 he lived in Europe and in 1969 exhibited in the USSR, Poland and Germany. His illustrations are widespread for the edition of the Gauchesco poem Martín Fierro by José Hernández that was made by the EUDEBA publishing house. He was called a social painter: he used painting to denounce injustices and did so until his death on 21 April 1972.