Santiago Cogorno was born in Buenos Aires on April 20, 1915. Although, as a child he lived in Italy and then alternated his residency between the two countries.
Painter, sculptor and plastic artist of recognized trajectory.
He studied art with Atilio Bernasconi, Raúl Soldi and later at the Brera Academy. Milan, Italy, where he studied with Aldo Carpi.
In 1949 he had his first solo exhibition at the Saint Moritz gallery(Switzerland).
Since then, he would not stop participating in important individual and collective exhibitions in museums and art galleries in the country and abroad, among which are the one held at Il Milloni in Milan (Italy) and the Witcomb gallery in Buenos Aires.
Cogorno was related to artists such as David Alfaro Siqueiros, Giorgio De Chirico and Lucio Fontana, among others. Her work leaned towards the landscape and the female figure.
After 1946, his work is part of the "Muestra Conex - Cien Obras Maestras - Cien Pintores Argentinos" Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Buenos Aires. 1994.
National Salon: 1933, 1942, 1946-1950. He also attends the official salons of Córdoba, Santa Fe, Rosario, Tandil, Mar del Plata and Bahía Blanca on various occasions and other exhibitions of a diverse nature at home and abroad.
"Fish". He entered the Prov. Museum of Fine Arts, Rosa G. De Rodríguez, in 1947. Exhibited at the XXIV Santa Fe Annual Hall in 1947.
“Show of icebergs” between 1950 and 1953 in Buenos Aires.
Received the Palanza Prize in 1956.
Participated in the Sau Paulo Biennalate in 1956.
Participated in the Venice Biennale in 1957 and that same year he made an important exhibition in Buenos Aires.
Work: "The Studio". It was the Acquisition Award at the XXXIII Santa Fe Annual Hall in 1956.
Received the Honor Award from the National Salon, Ministry of Education in 1958.
In the 1960s, it exhibits in Milan, Genoa, Florence, Rome and Ivrea.
He received the Art Critics Award for the most outstanding artist of his generation in 1966.
he made two individual exhibitions of sculptures and in the 80's he held important exhibitions in La Plata and Bahía Blanca.
Work: "Blue Tray". He entered the Prov Museum. Fine Arts, Rosa G. De Rodríguez, as a donation from the author at the LXIII Santa Fe Annual Hall in 1986.
He received the Palanza Prize (1956); the Grand Prix of Honor at the National Exhibition of Plastic Arts (1958), and the Critics' Award for Best Artist of his Generation in 1966, among others.
In 1982 he received the Konex Prize in the Figurative Painting category.
He died on August 27, 2001 in Buenos Aires.